Wednesday 4 September 2019

Bedroom Moths

Last week I accidentally left the bedroom light on in the evening, when the the top light window was open. My wife was not amused at bed time when we found that three moths had found their way into the bedroom - although I was quite excited, particularly as two of them were the fabulously spectacular Angle Shades. I have never had one of these come to my moth trap, but I did have another one a few days previous to this which had also found its way into the house - presumably through the bedroom window also, as it was on the landing.
Angle Shades (Phlogophora meticulosa) - Ashby de la Zouch bedroom
The other moth was a specimen of the intriguingly-named Setaceous Hebrew Character
Setaceous Hebrew Character (Xestia c-nigrum) - Ashby de la Zouch bedroom
I suspect that my wife won't let me get away with this ploy again. However, if you don't have a moth trap and you want to see a few moths, why not leave a light on and a window open, in an uncluttered room?!  If you do, please let us know how you get on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment